Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Magic Words - From the Ancient Oral Tradition of the Inuit by Edward Field 📱🛁🐉🦄🌋

Thank you to NetGalley and Vanita Books for the ARC. I appreciate this especially more due to my interest in the Inuit and other native tribes, including prehistoric groups of peoples throughout to modern times.

🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠
Five Stars!

Magic Words by Edward Field.

And, yes! I knew the moment I saw the first page that this was the work of Mike Blanc again. Brilliant, beautiful illustrations once again. They truly make the book even more powerful than anything I read as a child.

The story of 'Magic Words' is a modern translation of an Inuit story from 1965!!! As a poem it shows the connection the Arctic peoples have with the natural world around them.

I've always enjoyed good prose, poetry being close to the heart.

A lot of people thinks that words are meaningless now and hold no power, but it's a new power, a power that we can join with other voices.

People forget...

Beautiful poem that left me thinking about the future.

Signing off

No comments:

Post a Comment