Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Ivy in Bloom by Vanita Oelschlager 🌒🛁📱

Thank you to NetGalley and VanitaBooks, LLC for the ARC. 🌠🌠🌠
Three stars.

Yes, if you must know, I'm on a Oelschlager binge. I'd rather binge books than food, but now I'm thinking about a good cup of tea.

The illustrations for this were done by Kristin Blackwood. Love that last name, so dramatic sounding. It made me sigh.

The cover is so sweet, I love wild flowers and the font used it really creative, you know it's going to be poetry before you even read the word poetry.

... I'd almost wished that I'd had this book when I was a child, but the random religious ending that totally came out of nowhere took me off guard and reminded me of my grandparents whom don't speak to me because I don't go to church. I still respect religion. I just wouldn't read this over and over like I would with Vanita's other books. It's still a beautiful book of prose and the art is cute as heck.

I think this would make a great gift to a young christian girl. The art is totally worth it and the prose is good, I enjoyed it even despite the religious ending. I was just caught off guard I think.

This would be great for a sunday school library too! A+

No comments:

Post a Comment