Wednesday, November 8, 2023

The Call of Dreamwalkers by Rafaele Desire

Firstly, I would like to thank NetGalley and BooksGoSocial publishing for the Advanced Readers Copy (ARC) of this childrens/young adults book.

4 out of 5 stars.

Would have been 5 out of 5 if the book had been properly edited. There are problems with grammar, punctuation and repetitive words. There were also lots of cases where the author was obviously going to say one thing but changed their mind and ended up leaving un-needed and extra words through-out.

Now let's look at the story rather than all the technical guff.

Good Ole Mike! He has to be one of my favourite characters and his GROWTH! I like it.

This isn't an idea that I've seen before so it was really enjoyable to read.

This book holds great messages for teens and children alike. The story touches on bullying, sexual abuse, bad home lives, honesty, kindness, and many more things that need to be talked about in life.

I pretty much read this book in a single sitting, the first 20 pages was last night and once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down again and ended up reading until 6am in the morning. Whoops.

The colourful beams and rainbow kind of remind me of the television show 'Captain Planet'.

Thanks for a really enjoyable read.

No comments:

Post a Comment