Tuesday, November 7, 2023

The Great Weather Diviner: The Untold Origin of Punxsutawney Phil by Rob Long; Andrew Dolberg

First off, I'd like to thank NetGalley and Morgan James Kids publishing for the Advanced Readers Copy (ARC) of this children's novel 'The Great Weather Diviner' by Rob Long; Andrew Dolberg.

4 out of 5 stars.

One full star is due to the fact that the book looks at the world's issues in a new and improved manner.
There is talk of global warming, without properly talking about it and in the back of the book it has facts on different animals and how they're suffering in the world today.

'To become a legend, a young groundhog must unravel a shocking secret to stop a weather catastrophe.

When a mysterious flood strikes the small mining town of Punxsutawney, Junior the groundhog embarks on a journey to uncover why nature itself has turned on his people. As Junior and his new friends adventure through the fantastical world of Erda, he realizes that there's more to his family and their weather-controlling powers than he ever imagined.'

When I first started reading this, I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but as I kept reading, I was quickly pulled into Junior's world. I found the book hard to put down.

There were a few spelling and grammar errors that should be considered. Including punctuation problems like having the " in the wrong places and using other punctuation incorrectly.

However, those minor details apart, I found the story to be adventurous and gripping. I found myself disappointed at the end because it was over but excited that it hinted at another novel.

A great story to teach young humans to look after their planet rather than destroying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment