Thursday, September 28, 2023

Downpour by Christopher Hawkins

Thank you to NetGalley and Christopher Hawkins for this ARC!

4 out of 5 Stars.
🌠🌠🌠🌠

I'm only taking a star off because for about 30 minutes I was just as confused as everyone else in the book.

This was a proper slow burn horror, though it did start off with some coy horror moments there at the beginning, it still was pretty slow to get into things. I found myself too focused on why the main couple were fighting and what she'd done to deserve to be treated like he was treating her.

I almost forgot what I was reading. Almost.

Downpour kept me so rivetted that I forgot I was supposed to cook dinner.

I read this from cover to end in a single sitting, yes, dinner waited.

I've always loved a good biological horror, chemicals and toxic substances the rain always makes for a good realistic horror story, especially with Global Warming and Earth's ecology in a constant statis of change. How can we not be afraid for possible polutants to change our once habitable planet into something inhabitable for us.

This came off as those clouds being some sort for extra terrestrial planet maker, aka a machine to change our planet into something better for alien life. We talk about Terraforming as if it's something that won;t happen. Maybe we won't create it, but there's someone out there that will.

I highly recommend this, it was thoroughly enjoyable.

The book itself is easy to read and I didn't find any noticable plotholes which is lovely.

Worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment