Thursday, September 28, 2023

Haru: Book 1: Spring - by Joe Latham

Thenk you to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for this ARC.

3 out of 5 Stars.
🌠🌠🌠

Story and Illustrations by artist Joe Latham.

This is a graphic novel about the characters 'Haru', a bird who dreams of flying, and their friend Yama, a boar, who are used to being on the outside. But when Yama finds a seed they are swept into a journey to save their world.

It's a seed, right? Esentially a seed of evil. Lmao.

First, I'd like to bring up the art. It's cute, but not terribly eye catching, which is one of the reasons I couldn't give this graphic novel a 4 or a 5 out of 5 like I usually would. I'm usually an easy win with graphic novels, but this honestly bored me. Cute, yes, but exciting and adventurious feeling? Nope. Just didn't take me there.

I feel bad, but I'm always Honest.

There was hardly any information at any time and they barely talked, considering one of them was supposed to be super talkative? The pig, right? Anyway. I made myself finish it, but felt no differently after.

No comments:

Post a Comment