Thursday, September 28, 2023

Sorce Book 1: Belly of the Beast by Charles Armstrong

I would like to give thanks to NetGalley and Sorce, Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA), Members' Titles for the ARC of this novel.

5 out of 5 stars.
🌠🌠🌠🌠🌠

This was so well written and I honestly could find hardly any faults in the publication. There was one case of a missing word, which an editor should be able to spot, since I did.

The worldbuilding of this entire novel was smooth and seemless, I found myself learning about the world of Sorce and its characters without having to ask questions. My questions were always answered and in a way that wasn't overbearing or too much information. It was good to just dive into a world and find out about as we adventured there. The plot was fantastic.

The edition I recieved as an ARC featured 32 beautifully drawn illustrations by Kira Night.

It's a story of our main character Sera who has always longed for travel and adventure. With the help of a pig-shaped Deadringer she embarks on a journey that could pull apart everything everyone knows. Who is Sera? What does she believe in and how, with her friends' support can she free her people?

The typesetting in this publication is beautiful and it made me linger over ever single page.

This is a book that takes you on a magical journey pushing the limits of science and beliefs.

Fantastic fantasy fiction for children and adults of all ages. I would highly recommend this for a classroom or bedroom bookshelf. Any library would be lucky to have a copy.

Over and out.
George.

No comments:

Post a Comment