Friday, October 20, 2023

The Horror at Pleasant Brook by Kevin Lucia

Thank you to NetGalley and Crystal Lake Publishing for this Advanced Readers Copy of this book.

Four stars out of five (4/5).

Trigger words: Animal death, character death, gore, and violence.

Although it was very similar to a book I've read lately I still found this book to be an enjoyable read, once I got past the surprise of this being another horror with spreading masks and black goo. Same with the idea of the infection sort of making everyone "one" entity.

There were a few errors throughout the novel, usually just simple spelling mistakes or a word missing etc.

It was nothing that made it unreadable.

The Horror at Pleasant Brook is a small-town horror that will leave you on the edge of your seat.

I was sort of disappointed at the end of the novel as it was ended, and not how I expected it to end. But if I were to take stars off a book for that then I wouldn't be able to get any 5-star books.

The book was a little slow to start off, but once it got going it was hard to put it down.

I would recommend this to a friend or my readers and I would probably have bought this if I hadn't got it free as an Advanced Readers Copy. As someone who doesn't get scared often, this kept me on my toes.

No comments:

Post a Comment